I have to admit, when I went vegan, I thought I would have to say goodbye to delicious cakes and desserts. I had always known them to made with eggs, butter, milk, and cream, and so in my mind, I would never be able to have them again. But I was so wrong! Recently I have been experimenting with baking, and my favorite so far is my vegan banana cake. I don’t want to boast, but it’s so delicious (and approved by both vegans [me] and non-vegans [my whole extended family!]). So today I thought I would share the recipe with you:
-Bananas (3 large ones, ripe)
-Self raising flour (225g)
-Brown sugar (100g)
-Baking powder (2 tsp)
-Cinnamon (3 tsp)
-Vegetable oil (75g)
-Raisins (100g, soak half an hour before adding into mixture)
1) Preheat your oven too 200 degrees Celsius.
2) Mash your bananas till they create a smooth mixture (it’s okay if there are still a few lumps, but not too many!).
3) Add your oil and brown sugar into the banana and mix well.
4) Add your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and cinnamon) and mix until you get a smooth consistency.
5) Fold in your raisins (drained) and walnuts.
6) Place the mixture into an oiled baking tin, making sure it is evenly filled.
7) Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Make sure to check the inside of the cake (with a knife or toothpick) to make sure it is baked all the way.
8) Let the cake cool down and remove from the tin.
And that’s how you bake a amazingly simple and delicious vegan banana cake! Let me know if you try out the recipe 🙂