I have been obsessed with avocados for a long time now, whether I put it on toast, make it into guacamole or add it to my smoothies; I’m always a fan. So when I came up with the idea to make this fruit into a creamy pasta sauce, I had to try it out straight away. After a few trials I finally settled on this recipe; it’s super delicious, high is healthy fats and so creamy. You’ll be desperate for your avocados to ripen once you try this out!
- 250g pasta shells
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 stems spring onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tsp sundried tomato oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp chili
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Optional: 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain and let sit.
- In a bowl, mash your two avocados along with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and 1 tsp lemon juice. Mix and mash until smooth.
- In a pan fry your garlic, onion and spring onion in 2 tbsp olive oil. After a few minutes, add in your frozen chopped spinach.
- Stir the mixture until the spinach has fully defrosted.
- Take your pan off the heat and add your pasta. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in your avocado mixture, doing a little bit at a time to make it easier to combine. Once everything is coated, add in your sundried tomatoes.
- Add your sundried tomato oil, garlic salt, chili, 1tsp of pepper and 1 tsp of lemon juice to the dish and mix.
- Put the pan back on the heat and stir for a few minutes till hot.
- Serve immediately. Tastes great when topped with roasted pine nuts and some spring onion.
This is a lovely indulgent family meal, and it’s pretty simple to make as well (which is always a plus in my book). Let me know if you try this out; I would love to know if you love it as much as I do!