If you follow me on Instagram then you know I LOVE oats. It’s the perfect breakfast in my eyes, and when the weather gets colder, who doesn’t want a bowl of warm goodness in the morning?! Now, I have tried many different variations of oats (plain, fruity, chocolaty…) but I have to say, this recipe is one of my favourites; I swear it warms my heart a little with each spoonful. Plus, it has a lot of fruit it in, so you’re starting your day off in a super healthy way.
So here is my recipe for the ultimate autumnal oats, or as I like to call it, “Fall in a Bowl”. Seriously, try this stuff, you’ll thank me later (yes, I’m that confident in my oatmeal making skills).
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 apples
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp sweetner (I used date syrup, but maple syrup of agave syrup would work great too!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
I should say that I like my oatmeal very firm; if you like yours more runny, just add more liquid! Play around with the ingredients to find your perfect consistency.
- In a small pan, add your water and plant-based milk and put on a low heat.
- Cut up your banana and apples; add your whole banana and 1 1/2 apples to the liquid (we’re saving the other 1/2 for later!)
- After a few minutes add you sweetner, cinnamon, raisins and vanilla to the pan. Keep your eye on it; it should be starting to simmer.
- Check whether your apples have softened; if they have, it’s time to add your oats.
- It’s as simple as adding your dry oats to the liquid and stirring well. Leave on the heat for a few more minutes whilst stirring to make sure it’s warm all the way through.
- And that’s it! Serve with your remaining apple, some raisins, sweetner and some chopped nuts for the perfect breakfast.
I realise that this is a fairly easy recipe, but I couldn’t resist sharing it. I hope you enjoy, and if you try it, please let me know. Also, comment below what your favourite type of oatmeal is!