Smoothie bowls; who doesn’t love them? If you’re anything like me, you follow a bunch of Instagram accounts that post amazing smoothie bowls and drool at all of them. And, if like me, you want to recreate those smoothie bowls, then keep reading. Today I am sharing my recipe for a delicious raspberry and peanut butter smoothie bowl.
This recipe is a really straightforward one, but I thought it was worth sharing because it actually took me a while to figure out the right recipe to get that thick smooth consistency. For ages mine always turned out way too watery. This is partly because I have a very cheap and not so great blender, which isn’t the best at blending harder ingredients like frozen fruit. But I feel like I’ve finally figured it out! Now my smoothie bowls look just as good as they taste. So, without chatting any longer, here’s my recipe:
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy milk (or any plant milk)
- Suggested toppings:
- Nuts & seeds: my favourites are almonds, pecan, chia seeds and flaxseed
- Fruit: like banana or berries
- Sauce: a chocolate or peanut butter based sauce
- Take your bananas out of the freezer and let them defrost a little bit, just on your counter top, for around 15 minutes. This makes it easier to blend them, especially if you have a cheap blender like me.
- Add the banana, raspberries, peanut butter, soy milk and water to your blender.
- Start blending: sometimes you’ll find that it gets stuck. If this happens, stop the blender and move the mixture around with a spoon. This should help it to continue blending.
- Once your mixture is smooth you’re ready to make it look pretty. Add it to a bowl and add your toppings. And take a picture of that delicious creation!
And that’s it; like I said, super simple. If you try this recipe out let me know and if you take a picture of it, share it with me on Instagram! You can tag me using my Instagram account, just click here.