Today I’m sharing one of my favourite recipes with you; peanut butter & jelly oat bars. I have always been a snacker and so I’m always on the hunt for healthy but filling snacks. These oat bars do the trick. They’re sweet, filling and so yummy. I tend to make a huge batch of these on Sundays and then eat them throughout the week. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup soy milk (or any plant-based milk of your choice)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp golden syrup (or any syrup of your choice)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- For the filling:
- 3 tbsp raspberry jam (or any berry jam of your choice)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat your over to 200°C
- Mash the ripe bananas in a bowl
- To the bananas add the soy milk, golden syrup and peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl add the oats, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the sunflower seeds and flax seeds to the mixture and mix until well combined.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Place half the mixture in the baking dish and mould it into a smooth layer on the bottom of the dish.
- On top of the layer add your peanut butter and jam. Spread these evenly across the layer.
- Take the remaining half of your mixture and create a layer on top of your filling, so that everything is covered.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once fully baked let the bars cool a little bit before cutting them. They taste great still a little bit warm. They also store very well: keep them in a airtight contained in the fridge for up to 5 days or keep them in the freezer for several months.
Let me know if you try these out and what you think of them!